Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Boat on the Ocean- Oil Paints

March-April 2013
 
When I first got this project I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Because of this, I began painting the whole canvas black. This worked in my favor and it gave a whole new look to the painting. I started painting the sky with a bunch of colors in order to make it look like a sunset. Then, I really wanted the water to look vibrant so I used a deep blue color. I started painting the rocks, which I'm still not totally happy with. I added little by little to the rocks while I also started working on the waves. I used many of the techniques I have learned the padt few years on this painting. When I was done, I knew the painting wasn't complete. I painted in the sail boat and the whole painting came together. I am very proud of this painting and I am so thankful that it will be hanging up in Representative Zorn's office from 2013 until 2014 because I was one of the winners in the Spring Art Challenge he hosted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment